I would like to take a moment of silence to appreciate the fun moment I had at Polkadraai considering the fact that I have been trying to explore…
Polkadraai Strawberry Farm is in stellenbosch which is only 26 minutes away from Observatory on weekends without traffic. It is pretty much easy getting there and you’ll know by cars parked outside that it’t where you are going.
In order to be allowed to the strawberry grounds, a bucket for each person must be purchased which can be purchased in the first and only supermarket you see upon arrival in the farm. The buckets range in prices from R40.00 per person for kids to R190.00 for ultimate pickers.
What you need to know:
- The farm is only open during these times and season: September to January daily, 9am – 4.00pm* (times might change depending on weather and holidays).
- Picker bucket vary: Junior R40.00; The harvester R55.00; the professional picker R150.00; and the ultimate picker R190.00.
- There are other fun things to do on the farm for families and kids such as tractor and pony rides, face painting, mini golf.
- There is a food court which is super affordable. I spent R40.00 on burger and chips which were soooo delicious.
What I enjoyed:
- Parking is totally free.
- They have a range of buckets which suit everyone.
- It is affordable and no entrance fee- just bucket fee.
- You can pick as much strawberries as you want, as long as you are not greedy about it.
- It is relaxing and their strawberries are very sweet and juicy.
What I did not enjoy:
- I was a bit unprepared and I did not take a sunhat with me so I was sunburned
- It can get a bit muddy so try wearing sneakers or any closed shoes that are not really important to you- NO HEELS.
- We started at a ground where there weren’t a lot of strawberries and only got small ones until we were moved to a different field but our buckets were almost full.
There is literally a lot you can do. Just know that a group of 20 and more must call in first to book Click Here for more information